Thursday, February 21, 2013

up with the bottle, and down with the beer

I woke up with a hangover that was pounding at my head like a sludge hammer. I forced my half dead, nautious body to the bathroom. i dared to glance at the mirror and as i suspected, i  looked like the aftermath from spending a week in new orleans for mardi gras. "how you feelin?" asked a hungover Johnny in the doorway. "to sum it up, i feel like 20 people took turns beating the shit out of me." Hunter was sleeping, as usual on a saturday morning until around 3:30, you couldnt wake the kid up with a freekin blow horn. "hey, you wanna fuck with hunter?" i said with a crafty smirk. "what else would i want to be doing on a saturday morning?" Me and Johnny bond by torchering my older brother until he looses his mind, its actually a talent we've acquired. We crept up to hunters room like ninjas and opened the door slowly. He was as good as dead with one leg and arm dangling off the bed with a bottle of jack daniels in his other hand. I looked at Johnny. "whats the game plan?" he thought for a minute. "lets tape him to his matress and then flip that shit!" i smiled. "devious. i like it. go get the tape." Johnny tiptoed back into the room and we began ducttaping Hunter down to the matress tightly. We both went on one side of the bed. "do the honors." I nodded. "1..2....3" the matress flipped over and Hunter woke in a stupor. He layed on the floor for a bit, trying to analyze the situation. and  then the moment me and johnny waited for, the cursing began.  "What the fuck! im going to strangle you two!" Hunter yelled as he struggled to get the tape off. "Stop being so sassy. atleast we didnt shave your eyebrows again." I smiled, snatched the jack off the floor and me and Johnny booked it to the park almost keeling over in laughter.
So basically for the next 2 hours me and Johnny walked around town aimlessly. Stopping at stupid places like Bobs discount furniture. Then we got kicked out for running across the matresses, apparently thats tampering with the merchandise. "whatever Johns, that place was lame anyway" I said as i lit up a cigarette outside of the store. I looked at my phone and it was 4:45. "shit!" I started jogging down the street. "Where are you going!?" Johnny yelled. "I got to go grab Steve! Our meeting is in 15 minutes!" You shouldnt be late to AA meetings. your already there for a bad reason so you might as well be prompt. Steve Bre and Soda were hangin around the DX kickin around a coke can outside the garage. "Im goin to stop givin you rides kid, were supposed to be there already." Steve said smiling when he saw me. "Yea,yea. Just start the car Randle." I hopped into the front seat and we sped off. In the parking lot, I pulled out the bottle of jack daniels i had got from Hunter and took a generous swig. "woah look whos prepared. let me get some of that." I handed the bottle to Steve and we passed it back and forth every couple sips. "God i hate talkin to these people man, i dont even know them why do i got to open up to them." steve said as he passed it back to me. I looked down at the bottle. "I know what you mean dude." I hate spewing my past and my thoughts out to a big group of people. And the only way i know how to get loose is to take a bottle to the face. It helps alot, Ill tell you anything under the sun as long as you hand me something hard. Other wise its like pullin out teeth. "Welp.Lets get this shit over with."  We walk in to the meeting and lo and behold, the anti christ himself is sitting right there in a sweater vest. "oh hell no." i said making a move to walk out the door. Steve grabbed my arm "Dawn come on man we got to be here by law."  Me and Steve are forced to be there from a little DUI charge. "fuck probation man, im not ganna sit here and have a casual conversation with Bob Sheldon without punching him in the nose." I stared at him with nothin but anger. "listen, i want to punch him in the face as much as the next guy but its not worth leavin and gettin jail time. If he tries anything we'll handle him as soon as we walk out of this place. But for now just pretend like hes not even here." I looked at Steve, closed my eyes and sighed. "screw you and your rationality." steve laughed and we walked to our seats. Everyone was introducing themselves, all stating that they were alcoholics or they abuse alcohol. I cleared my throat  "My name is Dawn and i drink as early as 7 in the morning." "My name is Steve and Ive been drinkin consistently since I was 13." Bob sheldon snickered and made a comment to some other sweater vest wearin' mother fucker sitting next to him. I attempted to swallow my words, and my pride, but sometimes it just doesnt work that way. "Hey you want to speak up a bit Bob? I dont think everyone heard what you said." Steve looked at me like he wanted to say something but just left it alone. "oh nothing, nothing." He said while he grinned at me. "I will not hesitate to kick your ass. keep it up." The meer sight of him gets my blood boiling. Bob laughed. "have some class." he said as he rolled his eyes. I began to lift out of my chair and Steve put his hand on my leg before i could stand. "lets all be civil here please were all here for an issue we have that were seeking help for." the head of the group said. "and im seeking to whoop his ass.." i said under my breath.

The meeting went by slower than anything. People told stories of how alcohol got them in alot of problems. and it wasn't that bad. some people had some really interesting stories. After me and Steve left Bob stayed behind and talked to some other socs. We got outside to the parking lot and I saw steve make a right. "Uhh, i might not be sober yet, but correct me if im wrong, didnt we park over that way?" I said ponting to Steves' car. Steve stopped walking when he got to Bobs' mustang and i walked over to him. "I told you I'd handle it." steve said with a devilish grin and pulled out his car keys. I started laughing "sucker." Steve quickley wrote I love dick on the side of Sheldons car with his key and then we were out of there. The ride home consisted of  discussing how hilarious sheldons face is ganna look when hes screaming and jumping up and down because now all of Tulsa knows the secret is out that bob sheldon is a homosexual ;). Steve dropped me off at my house and i hugged him goodbye. The lights were off in my house except for the flashing of the tv screen. I stood in the hall way and saw my dad  laying on the couch holding a bottle over his face trying to get the last drops into his mouth. When he saw there was none left he tossed the bottle at the TV in a drunken angry fit.I instantly recognized what kind of night this was going to be. He mumbled to himself and walked to the kitchen and then came back with another bottle of whisky. I walked slowly into the living room and stood infront of my wasted father. He didnt even notice me. I probably should of let him drink until he passed out. But deep down, somewhere in a small crevice of my heart, i still felt sorry for him. "Dad give me the bottle." I said calmly. "I cant see the TV..." he managed to utter out. "Dad come on.." I said a little louder. Hunter walked into the kitchen with a look of worry. "Move out of the fuckin way! im watchin somethin you little brat.." His voice echoed through our loveless home. Not once did he look at me throughout our conversation. " look at me you deadbeat!" I screamed. My body was shaking and my heart was pounding. His red, glassy eyes looked into mine, and he stood up slowly.  "Dont you ever talk to me like that! your a little bitch just like your mother." and with that he back handed me across the face. My cheak throbbed and my head spun as i lay on the floor holding my face. Hunter came over from the kitchen and punched my father in the face. My dad and Hunter fight once in a while. As soon as Hunt was old enough to fight back, he did. "get in your room." Hunter said. My eyes stared through my brother as he and my father fought. I got up and walked slowly to my room with no rush. I looked in the mirror at my swollen cheak and poked the forming bruise,wincing from the pain.The screaming outside of my bedroom door was pounding at my head and making my ears ache. I went to my top drawer, got my whisky, and drowned everything out with the easiest, most sufficient method i know, total intoxication. Like father, like daughter.

2 comments:

  1. I think I woulda taken jail over sitting in a room with Sheldon XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all you... It doesn't matter if he opens his disgusting mouth or not, he will always deserve a beating for the simple fact that he is alive and breathing :)

    ReplyDelete