Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rumble in the jungle

I live for three things in life. Booze, the gang, and a good old fashion rumble. Maybe because I've always been angry and I've always been a fighter. Either way, I was impatiently waiting for it all week, smoking a pack and a half a day because the anger and adrenaline was eating me alive. I get pretty weird before a rumble. I got this little routine where I just kinda stay low key and keep to myself, just hang in the shadows and go ghost for a while. I don't talk about the rumble, I don't listen to people talk about the rumble, and I stay clear of socs. Especially because of a cause like this. If I saw Sheldon before the rumble I might've damn near killed the kid. I don't know man, but I've never been so ready for a rumble in my life. I got ready at my house, I wore jeans, a black shirt, and my leather jacket. I opened my jewelry box and took out 4 rings that I always fight with, and I was off.

By the time I got there everyone was ready to go. "Wait man I need a beer. I fight better buzzed." I said as everyone was trying to rush out the door. "here kid, down it quick we got to go" Steve said with a goofy smile, practically pissing himself with excitement as he handed me a beer. We ran down the streets screaming and hitting each other like an angry football team getting pumped before our last game. As we walked, I saw a yard made up of creepy lawn gnomes. I ran over and grabbed one. "Dawn what the hell do you need a lawn gnome for?" Soda asked with genuine confusion on his face. "My dear Soda. Knives and Chains were excluded from the fight, I ain't here nothing about lawn gnomes." I said with an evil smile. "Strange as it is, you've got a point there." he said as he shook his head and laughed.

The lot was already filled with socs, and the fire was already goin. Those dorky socs are always so prompt. That's when I finally released my pent up adrenaline I held back for a week waiting for this shit. Steve saw me jumping around and cracking every bone in my body. "Has the beast finally been unleashed?" he asked with a cocked eyebrow as we walked, referring to my weird preparation methods. "Im ready to stain some church pants in blood." I said with a laugh.

We got in our usual line, trying not to look intimidated being that we were out numbered as usual. "Dawn put the gnome down." Randy adderson said as he rolled his eyes. "Fuck you Adderson I found a loop hole!" I yelled back as I gave him the finger. It didn't even take 2 minutes before the shit talking began. What do you expect when you take two groups of people who hate each other for a million reasons and throw them in the middle of a vacant lot? Dally and Sheldon were going at it, screaming viciously. "Knock his teeth out, Dal!" I screamed as I held up my gnome. I was getting so amped. It took all of 3 seconds for Dal to take the initiative and hook Sheldon right in his 2 brain cell inhabited head. And that was our cue to go to war like Greece vs Persia, or a fat man vs a Big mac. It was rough, but I felt unbeatable. I smacked Adderson right across his donkey lookin' face with that lawn gnome, and it felt pretty damn good. He hit me back, and he got me good, but I got up, tilted my head and smiled, then delivered a beautiful uppercut. I caught another hit to the jaw and that hit had me seeing stars, but then I hit him with a two piece, first lefty to get him off his balance, then righty to put him down. Gravity failed him as I hoped, and I got on top of him and hit him a few more times. I then ran around lookin' for more. I took a minute to observe everyone, to make sure no one was getting their ass beat. But surprisingly everyone was doing pretty good. This ignited another fuse in me and my fist ran into a couple more faces until the socs were basically running for their sorry lives back to their mustangs. We screamed and hugged, the war was over and we took the land. Everyone screamed and hugged and jumped on each other with nothing but pure pride as it began to rain. "Lets go get drunk!" Dal shouted and pounded on his chest. I grabbed my gnome out of the mud and we all ran to Owens house.

Good times were Rollin, and I was 7 shots in when I heard some commotion on the back porch. I stood in the doorway and saw Hunter and Soda talking, when all of a sudden Steve's drunk ass blurts "Soda and Dawn are fuck buddies!" Everyone looked at me as my eyes widened. Hunters raging eyes went from me to Soda. They were low and bloodshot, I was happy he was drunk hearing this. He's a pleasant drunk. "were even" he said as he raised his eyebrows and walked away. "Dawn man, I'm really sorry man, I didn't mean to yell it.. I just..I just meant to just.. say it to myself, ya know? I'm sorry.." Steve slurred as he stumbled over to me. "oh Go Home, Steven!" I said as I pushed his face with my hand. He then fell back and landed on the floor, laying there for a good half hour incoherently yelling about how he does not, in fact,want to go home. Got to love that oaf.

4 comments:

  1. Go home Steve XD Who ever thought? A lawn gnome? lmao that's great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dearest Dawn. You are, in fact, my kind of woman. Can we please make this work? I promise, I'll make it worth your while ;)

    ReplyDelete